Monday, August 18, 2008

Washington

We have returned from our trip to the Tri-cities area in Washington State. It was a quick trip, but I was definitely wishing it could have been longer. We drove up with Joel's mother and sister in a Honda Accord. There were leather seats, a sun-roof and no tint. I didn't realize how much I enjoyed having the windows in our car tinted until I ended up stuck in a car with no tint and leather seats. Some people have a misconstrued idea that to have leather seats in a car is a sign of luxury. I beg to differ. For me, leather seats always stick to you and seem to hold on to heat from your body in a most uncomfortable manner. I used to not like leather seats. Now I can say that I hate leather seats and will never never never buy a car with leather seats. My poor husband had to ask me to pull his shirt away from his skin as his clothes were sticking to his body from the leather. I am thankful that AJ enjoyed his time in the car otherwise it would have been even more miserable.
For AJ we had bought him a couple of the Mini-cars Adventures which are small model cars based on Disney Pixars "Cars" movie, which is his all time favorite film. He had fun making car engine noises and just hanging out. We were also able to keep him pretty dry in his pull-ups so the potty training was working really well. It shouldn't be too much longer and he'll be trained.

The main reason for the short trip was that our nephew Taylor had been taking the discussions from the missionaries and decided to be baptized. It was awesome to be there to show our support. It was also fun to see other family that we don't get to spend a lot of time with. Joel's parents are in the process of selling their house and moving up to the Tri-cities area, so we'll be making that kind of a common trek between Utah and Washington. Plus it'll give me an excuse to also go to Seattle, which is just a couple hours drive from the Tri-cities area. Plus Portland, Oregon is about two hours from there. So any excuse that I can to go visit those areas is a bonus.

For the drive home we took the van which has tinted windows and a built in DVD player. During the time in Washington, AJ was so amped up and just running all over that putting him back in the van for the trip home was a little harder , but as long as we had one of his kid friendly movies running we were good. The van was much more comfortable to ride back in as we had room to stretch out and we had cloth seats. We got home at about 10:30 last night and had a very tired kid.

No comments: