Thursday, May 28, 2009

So lame...

ABC Family has just announced that they are going to have a new series called "10 things I hate about you." And yes it is based on the movie. Are they freakin insane? Why are they doing this? Yes it's been about 10 years since the movie, but they can't possibly improve upon it. Why can't some networks leave things alone. I know they are probably thinking it's a great idea.. but it's not. I loved the movie. For me it is a classic. I bet many people felt that way when something they love is being re imagined. I have recently heard of rumors that they are going to re-imagine "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" without Joss Whedon. That's like saying let's do Star Wars without George Lucas. On the rare occasion things work out well. Look at the Battlestar Galactica re imagining. That was incredible and good fortune. Not everything works out well.

No comments: