Wednesday, December 9, 2009
Love one to another
It had already been a long day. It was Sunday and A was having a hard time listening to me. Dad was out at his guard weekend so I only had myself to rely on for dealing with A's issues. I was tired myself and not in the mood to deal with A's moodiness. In sharing time they were choosing the most quiet kids to come up and open some presents that were part of the lesson. Due to A's whining I knew he wasn't going to be picked. The last present was on the table and the teacher had chosen a boy from CTR 6 to come up. A realized then he wasn't going to have a chance to open a present so he proceeded to cry. The boy who was opening the present stopped and looked at A. Then he walked over with gift in hand and said "Do you want a turn?" A didn't hear what he had said as he was too busy crying. So the boy offered again. This time A heard and said "no." The boy walked back to the front of the room, but still didn't open the present. He waited there watching A. After a few more minutes of waiting, I asked A "Did you want a turn?" to which he replied "Yes." So the boy handed A the gift to open. A was happy he got a turn. This little boy's selfless act brought tears to not only my eyes, but all the teachers and primary presidency's as well. This boy had given his turn to A without even knowing A. I am so thankful to this little boy. He saw a greater need to show love and kindness to a stranger. What a powerful lesson to be a part of and a witness to.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
That is beautiful. Thank you for sharing.
Post a Comment