AJ has started preschool this week. It is a neighborhood preschool that some other mothers and I have started together as a way to have our kids play with each other as well as work on some of the basics. The class is on Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 10 am. Each mother will teach one week. I decided to be brave and take the first week, which was this week. Wow. I've been a primary teacher for sunbeams, but I have never tried to teach children how to sit still, write letters, listen to directions etc etc etc. It's a whole different ballgame. This is only the first week though, but hopefully I'll feel more confident as time goes on and as I watch the other mothers. In a many situations where I am the center of attention, I am very uncomfortable. I get nervous very easily and when that happens I sweat a lot. I would call it a bad case of anxiety.
AJ loves being in preschool. Even though it's only happened a couple of times , he loves having friends over. I guess maybe I have secluded him more then I should have. I shouldn't be afraid to take him to other people's houses and he's usually well behaved. He's not a perfect angel but he does love to play with other kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment