Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Really? are you sure?? NOOOO!!!!

It has finally happened. My baby is going to start kindergarten! I'm so excited for him yet scared for myself. The process of completing all the paperwork to get him into kindergarten seems kind of redundant, so that hasn't been fun. But going shopping for school supplies and clothes brings back memories of me getting ready for school.
I grew up in a small town in the middle of Utah. We didn't have many options for clothes shopping so we would drive to slightly bigger town about a half hour away or we would drive for two hours to go "up north" aka Provo. Sometimes we would even go all the way to SLC! Those were big deals. It was more exciting for us kids I think then it was for mom. We didn't have to worry about keeping track of six of us so for us it was definitely an adventure. Now that I've lived all of my adulthood in a big city that gives you all the convenience and options around I would find it a real adjustment to go back to a small town. I don't know how well I would adjust. I'm pretty sure A wouldn't care as long as there are kids to play with.  Not that we are planning on moving anytime soon due to the economy but it makes me wonder where we will end up once my husband gets down with school. Yes it's school time for him again.
We decided that he needed to take a break so he doesn't get burned out. Now it's a fight to get him to go back. OH well. Things will work out. Just keep swimming!

No comments: