Wednesday, June 18, 2008

first meanderings....

So to start off I have to talk about "So You Think You Can Dance?" I love this show. To me it is more exciting to watch these talented dancers take to the stage then it is to suffer through the endless hype that is "American Idol." Yes these two shows have the same producers Nigel Lythgoe and Simon Cowell, but SYTYCD is by far the superior as you don't have to listen to lame re imagining of songs by wannabe singers. Yes singing is a talent, but to me it can be annoying to hear one of my favorite songs be rehashed, spit-out and altered to the point where I don't want to hear it anymore. Heck, I don't even like it when the artists sing their own songs live as to me it just isn't the same as the single on the radio. Where as with dancing, wow. What can I say. It's great and can really touch my soul. The performance that was done to the Jordin Sparks and Chris Brown song "No Air" really touched me. It almost made me cry. I can't wait to see tonight's episode. And all four Utah connections contestants are still in it. Wahoo!! Can't wait.

No comments: