After reading that last blog, I noticed that my brain pattern was totally shot as I seemed to have missed adding some words to sentences. Some people would go back and edit their blogs, I say let it be. It matters to no one but me and shows how much my brain was misfiring as I was writing. It has been a very long time since I have had to ever write anything that was going to be read by people. This lack of a continued skill has serious consequences in the fact that I seem to have forgotten how to write complete and meaningful sentences. My English teachers would have my blog completely covered in red marks and corrections.
Thinking of English teachers though, makes me think back to my elementary school days at Salina Elementary in Salina, Utah. What a small school that was! Everyone knew everyone else or at least a member of this or that family. It didn't help that in a small town you had a much higher chance of having the same teachers as your siblings. Yes, it still happens in bigger cities, but the chance of that is significantly lower then it is in a small city. As I was growing up I was always called by my older sister's name constantly. That also didn't help when my teachers would be in the same ward as my family. With a large family and all of us kids looking like each other you had no doubt which family we belonged to. But little did I realize that this is not always the case. For example, my husbands family. None of his sisters look like the other! In fact when I first met Joel it was at a singles dance out at Saltair. He was there with this girl that looked like his girlfriend as they seemed like they were dating. I couldn't figure out why they wouldn't slow dance with each other. Yeah, came to find out months later she was his sister! Not his girlfriend, but his sister! No his mother and father didn't divorce and remarry other people resulting in step-siblings. They had the same parents, they just didn't look alike. After I started dating Joel and hanging out with his family I could notice the similarities in their actions, but other then that one would never guess they were family.
No comments:
Post a Comment