So today J and I went to the dentist. For J it was a routine check-up for me , it was my first visit in almost 13 years. Yes mother, it has been almost 13 years since I have allowed myself to go to the dentist. I had some bad experiences with the dentist when I was younger. I remember going to the dentist once when I was about 15 and during my exam I broke down to the point where they had to have my mom come in the room to get me to calm down. So today I went in there with a fear of having a total breakdown resulting in my utter humiliation and increasing my desire to not see a dentist. I was almost in tears when they took me to the back room. I was dreading all the work they were going to have to tell me, the teeth they were going to have to pull. They took x-rays and then proceeded to clean my teeth. They had TVs in the ceiling so I was able to just sit back and zone. I had the volume so loud on the headset my ears were ringing but I figured that was better then having to hear the drilling of the dentist tools. After getting the dental hygienist cleaned and polished my teeth the dentist came in. "Oh great here it goes," was my thinking. "Well Beeka, looks pretty good. You don't have any cavities. Just some plaque build up and we'll get that taken care of."
HOLY CRAP!!! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?? Not seeing the dentist for so long I was sure I had a mouth full of horror that was just going to take so much time and dentist visits to set everything right again I just knew I would be miserable. Thank goodness that's not the case!
2 comments:
Lucky you...I haven't been to the dentist since I was prego with Teeny D and I'm pretty sure that I'll have more than just plaque buildup. I can just feel it!!
I agree with Mindy...lucky you. I am trying to gear myself up just to make the appointment and it has only been 2 1/2 years since I went. I haven't had a cavity since before my mission. My problem has to do with the cavities from my younger years getting older and cracking and then having to have them replaced. Yuck!!
Post a Comment