Monday, February 16, 2009

Sunday Talks

J and I gave our talks this last Sunday. My talk was on Food Storage and J's was on finance. Things were going okay for me right up until I started talking about my Grandma. Then came on the water works. I totally lost my composure. It took me a while to recover. I haven't had to give a talk in church for over seven years. So the nervousness of being up there combined with the emotions I felt for my Grandma were a little overwhelming. Eventually I was able to finish giving my talk. After my talk they did a rest hymn so while we were singing I asked J how my make-up looked. Without even looking at me "You look fine." Yeah I knew better so I pulled out my mirror and noticed that my right eye looked like it had been hit. With that knowledge the rest of my confidence was gone. Luckily J is better at speaking publicly then I was so he was able to get through his talk with ease. After Sacrament everyone kept telling us how good our talks were, yet I had a feeling they were trying to let me know that it's okay to cry when talking about a lost grandma. Hopefully it'll be another seven years before we have to give talks again.

1 comment:

mindy said...

I think that podium=waterworks. At least for our family. That's just how it is. Happens to me every.single.time!