Wednesday, February 15, 2012

the joys of kindergarten

So A informed today that he has almost been in school for one-hundred days. Has it been that long because it really doesn't feel like it. He is in year-round school which results in times when he is off-track. Personally I find it kind of annoying. He started school and was finally starting to get the hang of it when he went off-track. Then he went back on, had Thanksgiving break, winter break, and then he was off again after being at school for only two weeks. He won't go off again until later this spring, but my goodness it seemed like he wasn't in school for any length of time. Maybe I don't like year-round because I never had to go through it. Of course where I grew-up middle school started in 5th grade and there was actually a freshman class in high school with all the other high school students. One of the joys of living in a small town. I guess if I want him in traditional I must either A) send him to another school or B) send him to a charter school. For now, I think I will keep him where he is and hope that I can adjust to the whole year-round thing.

No comments: