Monday, October 6, 2008
Famous People sightings
I was looking through the photos I have taken lately and ran across the ones from Governor's Day at the U of U. There I have proof that I have seen Governor Huntsman. I don't know how famous he is outside of Utah in non-political circles, but it was cool to take his picture. Through my life I have had an occasion to run across famous people. As a reservations agent for Southwest Airlines I got a chance to talk to Fred Savage. You know, Kevin Arnold from "The Wonder Years." He was very polite on the phone. When I worked at Lagoon, I had the chance to help Spencer Kinard get onto the Centennial Screamer as that was the ride I was working on at the time. If you don't know who Spencer Kinard is he used to do Music and the Spoken Word with the Tabernacle Choir. Our little family ran into Fox 13's "Big Budda" when he was doing a live report at the Living Planet Aquarium. I was going to try and have A get his picture with him, but I was too shy to approach him and ask for a photo. Once when we were out to dinner at Texas Roadhouse by South Towne Mall we saw Craig Bolerjack walk in with his family (at least I think they were his family not quite sure). So who have you run into that is famous?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
While I was working in Park City:
David Leisure, most know him in 10 things I hate about you-coach or Lampoons movies.
Piper Peraboo, Violet on Coyote Ugly.
Currently I get to help Angie Larsen from Good Things Utah regularly at work.
Also: Max Roth, Fox News; some other news people from back during hte war. Anyway, this was fun to think back. I know there are more, but I can't think of all the names.
When I worked at Bennett's we had Carole Mikita in once (love the local celebs) Also we had Peter Boyle once...I think that's his name...played Ray's dad on Everybody Loves Raymond though it would have been before that show.
At Dos Serranos I served Dan Rascon (ch. 2 I think) and his wife once. There we also had the lady with the longest fingernails, she was in the Guiness Book.
Daniel and I saw Steve Young and his then (kind of secret) girlfriend, now wife, on our 1 year anniversary in Park City, we actually talked to him a bit too because he'd come and talked at Snow when we were there.
Animal Crackers got some local news people too...Heidi Hatch (whatever happened to her?) and Chris Jones.
I think I've had a few more, but this is your blog so I think I'll go ahead and stop now. Really. I've said enough so I need to quit now. Yep...gonna go. Now. No more typing. As of now.
Post a Comment