Friday, October 24, 2008

Road Trip











Last week A and I took a road trip with my sister-in-law Reg and her kids to Washington. We went without J cause he had a test that he couldn't miss. We also drove out to Spokane. I had never been there before and was surprised how beautiful it was. I can see why people would want to live there. The city is surrounded by tall pine trees and hills. We went to Spokane to meet up with Reg's friend Michelle from high school. We had originally been told it was a 1 1/2 hour drive there from Kennewick. Well it turned out to be a 3 hour car trip both ways. I think the kids were a little tired of being in the car for so long. Luckily Reg has a DVD player in her car so the kids could watch movies and keep from driving us crazy. We also got to watch our nephew T's football game. He is in the linebacker position (number 40 in the picture) and is second string so we got to watch him play the last few minutes of the game as his team had thoroughly crushed their opponent. The stadium was beautiful. Apparently the school district only built one football stadium for three high schools to use for all their games. I think that is a brilliant idea and should be utilized more often by school districts in Utah. Reg's baby Ga , who will be one in a month, managed to cut two teeth while we were there. When we got back home J had bought me a dozen roses. What a sweetheart! See the whole time I was gone he kept telling me how he was able to get all these projects done, go to a haunted house, go paint balling and get some homework done. I kept thinking that he got more of a vacation then I did as I had A with me the whole time, but I better get used to it as J will be leaving next year and will be gone the whole month of April.