Monday, October 6, 2008

Too long

It has been waaaayyy to long since I have had to watch a little kid for longer then a couple of hours. Yes A is not quite three, but it's also different when it's not your own child. See I watched my sister's kids on Friday night while she and her husband were gone on their cruise to the Caribbean. Jealous, yes I am as I would love to go on a cruise but that will probably not happen till J is done with school. Anyway so I had little E, Jace and S at my house for Friday night and then off to their Aunt V's house for Saturday night. I must admit I was a little hesitant to have E as her usual MO with anyone but her parents is to scream at you and run and hide behind her mom or dad. I was pleasantly surprised as she willing went with me. We ended up taking the kids with us over to J's friend Jim's house for a BBQ to thank those who had worked on his backyard with him. J has given him help and Jim has been here helping us with ours. We had a good time eating food, playing Guitar Hero and watching A combat Jim with some of Jim's light sabers as my son has an unhealthy addiction to anything Star Wars. After getting the kids ready for bed we put E in a portable crib in A's room. When she realized she wouldn't be sleeping with her big sister she started screaming. "Oh great, no one is sleeping tonight" was my first thought. J told me to get the other kids tucked in and he'd take care of E. We set up Jace and S downstairs with the queen size inflatable mattress. I headed back upstairs to take my turn with E but I didn't need to. J was talking to her in a calm voice and explaining things to her about how A's room has stars to look at and that the characters from "Cars" were going to watch over her and keep her safe. He laid her down and we didn't hear a peep from her. Jace got up at about 2 am in the morning due to a bloody nose and with J having guard to go to, I had the pleasure of taking care of it. The kids were up by 7:30 am. That is way to early for me, especially on a Saturday! That may have contributed to my error with E.
I decided I needed to give her a bath. I had her standing up as I was taking off her PJs. Without even thinking about it I also took off her diaper. PLUNK! Out fell a large pile of poop. Yeup. I screwed up. I forget that with young kids they have a tendency to do more then just pee in their diapers at night. Not only did it fall out but as I was trying to get wipes to pick it up, E had the grace to step in it for me further grinding it into my carpet. I had no one to blame but myself. I blame it on the sudden need to have me up early on a Saturday. When J heard what I had done his comment: "Maybe we shouldn't have another kid if you've forgotten things already."

1 comment:

Jen said...

Oh Boo!!!
Thanks for watching the kids-sorry about your carpet!! Just start a list now w/all the things you need to remember for when the next kid arrives. :-)