Saturday, July 19, 2008

Entertainment....

So last night Joel took me out to see "The Dark Knight." All I can say is... WOW.That was one of the most intense movies I have seen in a long time. I found myself turning away from the screen during some parts as I could already tell from the tone of the movie that these were scenes I wouldn't necessarily want replaying in my head. I am surprised that the movie received a PG-13 rating due to the intensity of the emotions and violence that goes on in this flick. When I first heard that Heath Ledger was going to be the Joker I just rolled my eyes and thought "Great. The movie is going to be a joke." Was I ever wrong. He takes the role and makes it his own, in a very believable psychopathic way. I don't think my mom would ever want to see this film.

As for SYTYCD, to my surprise Kherrington was voted off. I was almost in tears as she was a better dancer. I thought "How could she get voted off." It took me a moment to review things in my head and then I realized why she was voted off. She couldn't take criticism. Any time anyone said anything bad about her dancing, she almost burst into tears. Having emotion while you're dancing is great, but if you can't take criticism you're not going to get far in anything you do. She danced very well with Twitch as her partner, but when she was on her own or with a different partner, it was easier to see where her weakness were, especially when she went all diva on the I-can't-do-anything-wrong when the judges criticized her dancing. It was sad to see Gev go. I didn't want either Gev or Mark to go as I love both of these dancers. I would love to go see them when they come to Utah on tour, the hard part will be convincing my husband to take me.

AJ has lately been going through separation anxiety. It doesn't matter if we're out of his sight for 1 minute or 1 hour, when he finds us again he says "missed you" and proceeds to complain that we need to hold him. It's kind of weird for me to have an almost three year old go through this stage as most kids go through it when they are younger or so I've read. But then they say that kids go through different stages sometimes then others do. It's a challenge to though as he wants to be more independent. He wants to put on his clothes all by himself now and if you try to help him he falls apart. He wants to be a big kid and take care of himself, yet mom and dad have to be right there too otherwise the world is over as he knows it. I sometimes wonder if I was like that when I was young or if I can just blame it all on Joel's side of the family.


No comments: