Someone forgot to tell me that as I started life as a SAHM (stay at home mom) I would be responsible to get the dishes done, all the time. Every day. Just when you think you've got them all cleaned and put away more dishes miraculously appear in the sink! It is a never ending cycle! It's just like the laundry. It's amazing now matter how quickly you get it washed, dried and folded, the next day your husband is asking "where's my shirt" and you could have sworn you just put it away but yet there it sits on top of all the other dirty clothes that are now flowing out of the laundry basket. I used to complain about my job being nothing but repetition when I was at work. No one explained to me that the same phenomenon happens when you stay home, but it's worse. The more you cook, the more dirty dishes you make, yet the healthier you are, but you're stressed cause you realize that the fabulous meal that took you an hour to make now is going to result in twice the work cause you need to do all the cleaning up. I never had a full understanding of what I was getting myself into. But I must say that I love doing what I do now, so that makes up for the repeat cycles I constantly find myself in.
My husband is stressed over school as he decided he needed to take a trigonometry class this summer as he plans to take a very heavy schedule this fall. His thinking was since it was just one class he would have plenty of time to be with us and enjoy the summer. Needless to say he was wrong. With a shorter semester he has much more homework then he normally would so that is eating up any "extra" time he thought he would have. I can't help him with his trig. I couldn't even pass geometry. I am so bad at math that at Snow College I had to take high school Algebra again before they would let me take College Algebra because I scored so badly on the SAT. Our kid is doomed if he wants help with math homework. English, History, Art , I can do, any kind of high level math he'll either need a tutor or another family member that has the brains for math.
1 comment:
Yes, the neverending dishes and laundry...quite familiar with those. I sort of just figured you knew all about these things, you just got a break from it when you went to work for 8 hours a day. Good luck with the Trig Joel...I also never got beyond Geometry.
Post a Comment