Thursday, July 3, 2008
Shimmers!
Last night as I was waiting to be tired enough to go to bed I decided to see if I could find out if some dolls I had in the late 80's were known by anyone. The dolls were part human, part deer or horse or butterfly. They had little babies that came with them. They weren't pose able and had glitter on their bodies. The mommies had long comb able hair where the babies were just solid plastic. After about one hour I found a website that told me what they were. The dolls were called Shimmers! I was so excited to find them! My younger sister had one of the butterfly dolls while I had a deer one, a horse one and a mermaid one. I thought they were so pretty. Then I found they had a description of Charmkins dolls. I had a few of those too. There was also the dolls that were jewels on the outside that could be opened up and turned into little girls. There were another type of dolls called Moondancers. I vaguely remember them as I think one of my friends had one of them. It was such a flashback for me. They had such pretty dolls back then. Today I don't think they have as great of a selection as they did then. I don't like Bratz dolls. They have re-released Strawberry Shortcake and all her friends, but once again I don't like their new look. It might be a good thing that I don't have a daughter otherwise I might be a little hard pressed to buy her a doll.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment