Our house is now a lovely shade of blue! It's much quieter as well. YEA!!!! I can't believe how nice it is. It is amazing how much the vinyl makes a difference. No longer do I have to suffer hearing the aluminum siding expanding and contracting. The birds no longer wake me up at 4 am with their twittering! It's the best! Now I just need to convince my husband to put the rest of the blinds back up. We have curtains up so it's not like we're giving our neighbors full viewing access to our house, but having the blinds back up will help even more.
Putting blue siding on our house reminds me of our house in Salina. Our house used to be yellow. It wasn't quite a sunshine yellow or a gold yellow, but somewhere in between. You couldn't help but notice the house as it was a rectangular two-story house where as the other houses near by were only one-story houses. I don't remember when it was but my mom decided she had had enough of the yellow and decided to have it painted a blueish gray. I loved the house no matter the color. I shared a room with my younger sister on the second story. That room was huge for two little girls. We faced the east so we always had the rising sun to wake us up, unless it was our turn to deliver the newspapers on our paper route. We had plenty of room to run around in. Every once in a while we got bored with it so we would move the bed and shelves around. There was a little area towards the back that had a built in desk where we could do our homework or just read books. Our room could have been called a second master bedroom, it just didn't have a bathroom attached to it. Across the hall from us was my brothers room for a while until my dad finished a room in the basement for them to be in, then it became my second oldest sister's room. To the south of these room was the bathroom , my parents master bedroom and then my oldest sister's room. On the first floor was the front room, dining room, the kitchen , the laundry room with a partial bathroom next to it and a large family room. The basement was mostly unfinished. My brother's room was down there as was a bathroom for him. I don't know why the rest of the basement was never finished but I think the main reason was my parent's didn't have the extra money to spend on that due to our family being so large. That house was perfect for as large as our family was. Someday I want to have a two-story house with a basement. What would make it perfect for my husband is if it comes with a three car garage. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the future holds for us.
No comments:
Post a Comment