Tuesday, July 22, 2008

House

Our house is now without siding as of yesterday and today it decided to rain. Not just rain but rain so hard that the streets started to flood. Yea. Now our house, which has nothing to protect it from the elements, looks terrible and all the outside is soaked. I love rain. I just hate it when it comes and we are vulnerable like this.

I had taken the kids to see the floats at the South Towne Exposition Center to see the floats that will be in the Days of 47 Parade. They were awesome. I loved being able to see the floats so close without having to be out in the heat to see them. The kids decided that they were tired of seeing the floats so we didn't stay for the rest of the fun which would have been face-painting or get any balloon animals. On the drive home it started to rain. I didn't worry much about it until once we were over the hill, we saw that the streets were flooded. It had rained so hard in a small amount of time that the water was turning the streets into mini-swimming pools. The water was coming up to the top of the tires in our Tahoe. I was very glad to be in the Tahoe otherwise we wouldn't have made it home. Our little Versa would have just gotten stranded. I saw some cars pulled over to the side as they were just going to have to wait until the water subsided. Luckily I was able to just go through the water and get the kids back to my house as little Emily and AJ were grumpy and needed to get their naps. While I'm sitting here typing this the rain keeps switching from little raindrops to big fat hard hitting raindrops. It helps keep the temperature of the house down though since we have no siding to prevent the heat from seeping in.

Joel is almost done with his trig class this semester. He's ready to be done. This hasn't been a very fun class for him, but who said math was always fun. I personally am not great at math. It has never been a strength for me. I'm much better at history, English and art. Our kids are doomed when they get into higher math. I can help them up through Algebra, then from there on they are one their own, unless their Dad can help them.

1 comment:

Jen said...

So how is the house today? Any damage?
I love going to the float festival-I have only done it once, but I am hoping that maybe next year.....
When is your new siding going up?